SSSTS Site Supervisor
2 day Course
The course aims to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- why they are carrying out their identified duties
- what is expected of them
- ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- understand the problems of the industry
- have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- be able to monitor site activities effectively
- understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
Thursday 23 & 30, April 2020
Thursday 19 & 26, November 2020
This course is run one day per week for 2 weeks.